The Next Board Meeting will be an in-person session held on Monday, December 10th @ 7:30 PM ….. the location will be Bishop Loughlin Memorial H.S. …..The 2021-22 Rule Book and Refresher Exam have been distributed ….. if you wish your copy Mailed, forward $10 to cover P & H to our PayPal Portal with your mailing instructions …..The Annual I.A.A.B.O. Certification Exam is being mailed on Monday, November 29th ….. look for your copy at weeks end ….. The P.S.A.L. Basketball Season has Officially begun …. Officials are required to be vaccinated and work masked to obtain assigned games …..
Founded in 1925 the Stated Purposes of District Board #37 are:
• To Educate, Train, Develop, And Provide Continuous Instruction For Basketball Officials,
• To Promote The Welfare Of The Game Of Basketball, Its Players And Officials,
• To Maintain The Highest Standard Of Basketball Officiating,
• To Encourage The Spirit Of Fair Play And Sportsmanship Among Contestants,
• To Have Available An Adequate Number Of Thoroughly Trained And Capable Officials, And
• To Cooperate With All Organizations Officially Connected With The Game Of Basketball.
This Worldwide Organization of Local “District Boards” That Spans 38 States In The United States And 11 Foreign Countries, Has Been The Unparalleled And Undisputed Leader In Training Basketball Officials In:
• The Basketball Rules Of The Game
• The Mechanics And Techniques Of Officiating
• The Organization Of Local And State Officials Association’s
• The Development Of Training Curricula And Standards